Skip to main content

Fave 5 of 2011!

Hey, Glamour Dolls

It's that time of year, another year almost gone and a new one coming in!  I don't do a monthly "faves" posts like a lot of Bloggers, but; these are my top products that I've been loving in 2011. I did a post like this last year (read HERE) and really, not much has changed. I still use most of my top products from last year... here are some faves-old and new.



WET N WILD EYESHADOW PALETTES




Every year I've been loving Wet n Wild palette's more and more... the pigmentation, color choices and the prices won me over! I use these palettes when I want a quick look and don't want to think about what colors to put together. They make some of the best mattes shadows. I really don't have to go in to much detail about these palettes, everyone should know how fabulous they are by now! I own 10 of their palettes. I must say one of the beauty highlights of my year was when I found the limited edition I heart Matte palette at Walgreens, you would have thought I won the lottery :-)


L'OREAL VOLUMINOUS MASCARA CARBON

This is my absolute fave mascara, I realize now I will not buy another mascara if it's not a curved brush. This mascara is 2 in 1-for me, it's a mascara and eyelash curler. It lengthens and curls like no other! I get asked all the time what mascara do I have on, someone even mistaked my lashes for false lashes. This is on my must-have list.


VIVA GLAM LIPSTICKS



Besides the fact that my blogger name is Ms. Viva Glam, I think it's safe to say that you all know I love Viva Glam lipsticks! Each year the colors vary, but; they always compliment everyone. I really like that I can apply it on without a lipliner and the color still looks good. I went through two Viva Glam tubes of lipstick this year and I'm working on my third tube. I will continue to buy the Viva Glam series lipsticks not just because of the colors, but every cent of the $14.50 goes to a great cause... Mac's Aid Fund that support men, women and children with HIV.

*Update* I just learned that Viva Glam Gaga I (my fave lipstick) is now back in stock, online only- for a limited time. I will be buying a few more tubes :-)

MAC STUDIO FIX POWDER PLUS FOUNDATION

I take this product for granted all the time. I'm always looking and buying other powders to set my foundation, but; I always end up coming back to this one all the time. I use it by itself on days I don't feel like wearing liquid or cream foundation. It's really buildable and natural looking on the skin. I use Mac Fix + with it to give it a more dewy finish.


AMBI SKIN CARE PRODUCTS


I'm a big, big fan of Ambi skin products, I really like their complexion cleansing bar. It's less than $3 at the drugstore and because it's a bar, it lasts a really long time. This is the facial cleanser that I use everyday. I must have gone through 4 bars of this in the past year.

Ambi specializes in products that provide skin clarity. I've noticed that since I started using this bar, my breakouts are very few, unlike before. I also use their fade cream, which works really well in fading hyperpigmentation.


That's my fave 5 of 2011, what are some of your top products of 2011?

Comments

Sharon said…
Great faves hun,love ur picks I wanna try wet&wild palettes!

I have so many faves of 2011 so have2split them into 2-3 posts
Loved;-
Nars Sheer glow foundation
Nars Taos blusher
Nars smudgeproof e/s base
Nars eye makeup remover
Nars Niagara lipstick
Mac Up the Amp lipstick
Ysl volume effect mascara
Nyx megashine l/gloss Gold pink
Sleek rose gold blusher
Sleek Omg&fuschia lipstick
Clarins gentle refiner exfoliating cream with microbeads
G Jones said…
You MUST try Wet n Wild palettes, I think you'll really them.

Great list! I've heard so many good things about the Nars sheer glow foundation and the Nars Taos blush. I already have 2 Nars blushes on my wish list, I'll have to swatch Taos out and see how it looks.
Agent Elle said…
I have a few

Mally Beauty's Zooey Doll lipstick: an orangey-red

MUFE Aqua Creams!

MUFE Tangerine Blush/Eyeshadow (I think it's my holy grail now)

Inglot foundation

Inglot highlighter cream

MUFE HD powder

Dior Black-Tie Plum Ultra Gloss

Clinique skincare (cleansing gel, clarifying lotion, and moisturizer)

My Clarisonic (I've had it for over a year, but I wouldn't be w/o it)

Wen haircare

Just to name a few
G Jones said…
That's a massive list, Lynnie!Everyone can come up with lots of items, I had a hard time picking just five.

I'm thinking about getting a Clarisonic, everyone loves it. MUFE Aqua creams are on my wish list too.
Jiggetts said…
Great post! I have yet to try one of those Wet n wild palettes. Maybe I'll pick one up during my next drug store visit. I think I'm going to do a post on this soon but some of my faves this year have been CoverGirl's Natureluxe glossbalms, Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air and Tarte's Amazonian Blush.
G Jones said…
Thanks, Jennifer! I would like to hear more about the CG balms.
Great list. I'll need to take some more time to think out my fave 5. LOL! I've been meaning to try some of Ambi products. I've been hearing more and more good things about this brand. Totally love that fact that you promote the Viva Glam products. :-) I agree that Studio Fix Powder+Foundation is a mainstay. No matter what other brands I try, I still come back to it. It's so convenient for days that you don't have time to apply concealer, liquid, powder. It's a 1 step fix all.
G Jones said…
Thanks, Ambi products actually do what they say and most of their products are cheap.

Exactly, Studio Fix is really my old faithful powder!

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig