Skip to main content

B.O.M.B. Makeup Haul! (Black Owned Makeup Businesses)


Hello Dolls,

I am back, after a long hiatus! Life has been life...unpredictable but enjoyable. Even though, I haven't been posting about my latest beauty musings, I still keep up with the beauty world. Here's a small collection of some of the things that I've purchased. As I was purchasing, I realized that all of the products that I bought are all from black owned makeup businesses! Most of them I found out about on Instagram or from recommendations.

If you didn't know, I'm a beauty and product junkie, and I will pretty much buy from anyone as long as I like the product, have a use for it, and if it's a decent price; but, I especially love to support black businesses, especially since there can be a shortage of them; and they often discontinue service for one reason or another. Read on for the details. 

The goods!

G.L.A.M. Mink Lashes by Samantha Ann (God's Love Abled Me)
My love of lashes has grown and I kept hearing so much hype about Mink lashes so much that I decided to buy a pair.  I heard about Samantha Ann originally on Instagram as a MUA, and then later I learned about her Mink lash line. I bought her most popular lash, Yanni, first. The Yanni lash gives drama to the eyes without being over the top; and the lashes are light weight, with a thin band, and they're easy to work with. The good thing about Mink lashes versus synthetic lashes is that you can reuse them several times (20+ uses), with proper care. I also bought the Diva lash next. I really don't need anymore lashes; but, I'm tempted to buy her other two lash styles, but, I want to wait to use up some of the ones I already have.


From left to right, lash style Diva and Yanni
Yanni lash

Black Up Cosmetics Foundation
I mentioned in my Glam All Star Voyage post that when I took Alexandra Butler's A Beautiful Face: 103 class, she provided the makeup for us to use. One of the foundations that we used was Black Up cosmetics. I really liked the finish of the Matifying Fluid Foundation that I used, so I decided to buy it. I got shade 4, which is too light for my entire face; so, I have to use a darker shade along along with it. When fall/winter comes, I'll probably be able to use it by itself without combining it.




Jo Michelle Artistry Perpetual Pout Liquid Lipstick 
I've also been following Jo Michelle for a while on Instagram & I really like her product line. I bought her Rae stacked lashes a while ago, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on her liquid lipstick. She offers seven different shades ranging from nude to vampy. I bought the shade Dumpling, which is described as a nude shade that is pink in color. Her liquid lipsticks are the truth! They glide on like a lip gloss and dry to a matte finish, they stay on through drinking and eating. I really like these liquid lipsticks; but, as mentioned, I'm going to use up what I have before I buy some more.


The shade dumpling, when first applied...

After it dries...

Danessa Myricks Enlight Highlighter and Lash Glue

I've been following Pro Artist, Danessa Myricks, work for a while, and I wanted to support her product line. She has a beautiful range of multi-use illuminators, lashes, lash glue and pigments. I bought the Gocha Glow shade, which is described as a duo-tone golden peach. The Gocha Glow gives me a beautiful gold highlight. I really like that her illuminators have the turn-style sifter to distribute just enough product without the messy spills. I also bought her Lock on lash glue (black), which was highly recommended by several artists. This glue is amazing, it dries very quick and locks on immediately. It's the easiest lash glue I've used. It makes wearing lashes so much more easier and quicker to apply. I used to wear lashes two or three times a year, now I wear them weekly...the right lash glue makes a difference!




Enlight Gocha Glow and Lock on Lash Glue in black



Gocha Glow swatched...

Juvia's Place Masquerade Palette

I heard a lot about Juvia's Place eyeshadow palettes on Instagram, even though, the eyeshadow colors were gorgeous, there was nothing that made me want to buy the palettes until I read several raving reviews; and I thought why not? I bought the Nubian 2 palette and I was hooked, the pigmentation is comparable to high end brands, the eyeshadow pans are larger than normal eyeshadow pans and the ease of working with the shadows is superb. I could not miss out on not getting the Masquerade palette, and I'm glad I did. The Masquerade palette does not disappoint. It features the same larger size eyeshadow pans, It also offers best of the both worlds, neutrals and cooler colors. Now, the Masquerade palette is being offered in a mini palette, it features the same shades but they're the normal pan sizes. Below are the swatches, I swatched without a primer and I only used one swipe so that you can see the true color payoff.


Explanation explaining the inspiration in creating the palette...

From left to right: Chi, Mail, Dalia and Zola
From left to right: Makeda, Zobo, Calabar and Bori
From left to right: Giza, Burkina, Cairo and Ada
From left to right: Dahia, Zulu, Casablanca and Fulani

While drafting this post, I also bought the newest Juvia's Place palette (I have an addiction), the Saharan palette. It has the same beautiful color variety as all the other palettes and the pigmentation is the same as the others! This is the most compact palette out all the three palettes that I own from them so, it's perfect for traveling and can easily fit into your purse. 


Have you tried any of these brands? What are the recent beauty products that you've bought?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig