Skip to main content

My Favorite Beauty and Lifestyle Box Subscriptions!

Subscription boxes have become increasingly popular within the last few years. You can now get a subscription box service on a wide variety of products and services. I love subscribing to subscription boxes because there's always the element of excitement and surprise about the contents when your box comes; and you get to sample a variety of products (often times products you wouldn't have been convinced to buy on your own) for an inexpensive price...in a nutshell, you get a lot for your money! Here are my current and favorite subscriptions.

We Are Onyx
We Are Onyx is a monthly beauty box subscription curated for women of color (although any woman can subscribe). Each month, you get sent between 4-6 full-size products featuring a combination of products for hair, makeup, skin care and nails. The products curated help you to experience products that work best for women of color. I love this box! I've had a use for everything in it!

A lot of the products I have turned my friends and family on to because the products are so great! The Onyx Box guarantees that each box will feature over $75 worth of products. The cost of the box is $25, which includes free shipping. If you're interested in trying the Onyx Box, you can use my code: 9qsj9y to receive $10 off your first box, making your 1st box $15. As with most subscription boxes, if you're not impressed, you can cancel anytime. Below are pics of the April box.


Product Listing: As you can see, one item cost 2x the price of the box! 

Love with Food
Love with Food is also a monthly subscription box that sends healthy snacks to you. They offer several different subscription plans to choose from, I have the Tasting plan ($9.99 a month). Each month, I'm sent 8+ healthy snacks that are either all-natural, gluten-free, non-gmo, or either organic. The snacks feature a great variety of items from tea, candy, chips, protein bars, hot chocolate, almond butter, chocolate...you name it. It's hard to believe all those items can be healthy and still taste good, but it's true!

What I especially love about the Love with Food box is that with each box purchased, a portion of the money goes to fight hunger; Love with Food donates to food banks all over the world. So far, 1,009,167 meals have been donated to fight hunger, which I think is pretty AWESOME; and that's why I make sure that if I have to cancel any of my monthly subscriptions (for any reason), Love with Food will not be one of them! If you're interested in trying Love with Food, click HERE. Below are pics of the March box.


FabFitFun
FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box that features items that are fabulous, fit and fun; hence, the name Fabfitfun. Fabfitfun boxes come out 4 times a year, you get the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter boxes. Since the box only comes out 4 times a year, the price costs more. The boxes are $49.99 and you're guaranteed to receive at least  8+ items which are worth $200+, which are all full-sized items; in addition to sponsored items.

What I really love about Fabfitfun (there are several things that I love about them) is that they're a lifestyle box, so you get a little bit of everything; there's a variety of jewelry, clothing, fitness accessories, food, makeup, home decor, skin care, candles, gift cards, and the list goes on. Another great thing, is that you get to personalize your box by purchasing "add-ons."

Add-ons are a variety of items that Fabfitfun sells in their online shop at a great discount. Each season, you get to choose as many add-ons as you would like to purchase, that will be included in your box, along with the regular contents of the box. I also like that each season, Fabfitfun, chooses a charity to donate money to...you can even select your add-on to be a donation to the designated charity. If you're interested in trying out Fabfitfun, click HERE to do so. Using my link, you will get $10 off your first box, making your total $39.99. Below are pics of the Spring 2017 box.

Contents of my Box: 
1. Gypsy Roundie. Retails for $50
2. Milly Traveling Zip Pouch. Retails for $45
3. Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator. Retails for $79
3. Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails Gummies. Retails for $10 or less
4. Real Her (Women Rule the World) Lip Kit. Retails for $48
5. Deborah Lippman Duo Nail Polish set. Retails for $19
6. Karuna Hydrating Face Masks (4 pack). Retails for $28
7. Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray. Retails for $20
8. Luv AJ Diamond Kite Crawler Earring (rose-gold) set. Retails for $85
Total Box Value $384

For my add-ons, I chose the:
1. Intelligent Change: The Five Minute (gratitude and mindfulness) Journal (not pictured) $9.
2. I also chose to make a donation to the More Than Me charity.

Are you subscribed to any monthly box subscriptions? If so, which ones are you subscribed to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig