Skip to main content

What I Wear on a Night Out! OOTN


Hello, Dolls

A night on the town is always fun! Like so many other people, a night out always causes me to ask myself "What am I going to wear?! " Mind you, my closet and drawers are full . . . so, a shortage of clothing is not the issue. What I really mean is "What am I going to wear that looks good; makes a statement, and everyone hasn't already seen me in?" After many attempts, I finally have at least one go-to staple that I wear when I'm going out. Read on, to find out the deets!


My go-to OOTN Staples:

1. A jumpsuit- A jumpsuit is effortless, and instantly makes you look chic and stylishly pulled together. Since it's a one-piece, it takes the guess work and time out of trying to mix & match, and coordinate colors for tops and bottoms. Wearing a jumpsuit that is either asymmetrical, off the shoulder, has a hint of sheer or lace really glams up your outfit to make a statement; on it's own!  Another plus, is that jumpsuits are almost always figure flattering. Be sure to wear shape wear to cover up anything you don't want people seeing.

2. A dressy cape or wrap; or a faux (or real, if you prefer) fur jacket- Any of the three will keep you warm while remaining stylish... because you never know what the weather can switch up to at night (normally, the temperature drops); and the venues that you'll be frequenting may not be as warm as you like.

3. Heels and Statement jewelry-Heels automatically upgrade any outfit, while elongating your legs, and making them appear leaner.  A word of caution though, try to wear your most comfortable pair. Even the most comfortable pair hurt after a while, so, I always take a pair of small flats with me to change into. Statement jewelry is a no brainer! It's the perfect accessory to any outfit. Think of how a picture looks by itself, now, think of how much better it looks when it's surrounded by a beautiful picture frame, that's how jewelry enhances an outfit.

4. A Clutch-Because who wants to be carrying around a bulky handbag all night?! Not me. A clutch is small enough to carry your basic necessities to get you through the evening, without looking bulky, and keeping you stylish. I like to wear a medium sized clutch for a night on the town so that I can keep my flats in them. Although, it probably doesn't look like it, the clutch I'm wearing (pictured) had a pair of flats in them!

What I'm Wearing
-One Shoulder Jumpsuit: Forever 21
-By Any Stretch Pumps: Mark by Avon
-Helene Faux Fur Chubby Jacket: Fashion to Figure
-Chained Faux Leather Clutch: Curvenista
-Necklace: Vivi Jewelry
-Bracelet: Cato Fashions

What do you like to wear for a night out?

To never miss a post from me, be sure to subscribe by email.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig