Skip to main content

My Mac, NYX, Sugar Pill, Urban Decay & More Haul!

Hello All,

Here is my latest makeup and beauty haul. I took advantage of some of the Black Friday sales and bought a few things. Read on for the deets!


Nyx Eyeshadow

Nyx had a really nice sale on their site last month. They had shadows for $1 and lip liners for $2. I have several eyeshadow palettes for my makeup kit but I wanted more neutral shades. I bought eight shadows all total, mostly neutrals and a few colorful shades for the kit. I also bought their taupe blush, I heard that it is a really good contour color for light and fair complexions.



Swatches from left to right: Taupe blush, golden, irises, dark brown, hot pink, silk, hunter green, taupe e/s and walnut. 

Mac Studio Conceal and Correct Palette

I have also been needing a decent concealer palette for my makeup kit as well. I have individual concealers in darker colors but I needed some concealers in the medium range as well as color correctors. I chose to purchase the Mac medium/deep conceal and correct palette.

My plan is to also purchase the light or medium palette. You get four concealers and two correctors in the palette to mix and match to get your desired shade. The palettes are the perfect size to fit in your kit and I love that the shades offer both warm and cool shades. This palette is $40 regularly but since I have a Mac Pro card it was about $24.


Top Row left to right: NC40, NC 42, NW 40 & NW 43 studio concealers
Botton Row left to right: Rich yellow & Burnt coral color correctors

Sugarpill 

I have one Sugarpill eyeshadow that I won in a giveaway and I've been wanting to try more of their products. Fortunately, they had a Black Friday sale, everything was priced from 20-50% off. I bought the Magpie loose eyeshadow and the limited edition @#$%! pressed shadow.

The Magpie is so gorgeous, it's described as silky black with metallic blue sheen and turquoise sparkles. The @#$%! is described as a vampy pearl red with silver metallic sheen. Sugarpill products are ridiculously pigmented and you get a lot of product for the price.




Swatches: Magpie and @#$%!

Magnolia Makeup

I've talked about Magnolia Makeup on my blog before. I'm still a big fan of their pigments, they are true to color and have a great color selection. Magnolia Makeup had a few sales last month, a 50% off sale and a Black Friday sale, the pigments were $5 each.

I placed two separate orders and bought a total of nine pigments. I'm still waiting for my second order to arrive. I bought Sublime, Paris, Funky Liza and Tchoupitoulas pigments. I love all of the colors, I'm a sucker for a blue or turquoise shadow so my fave color is Tchoupitoulas, it's gorgeous plus it's matte.




Swatches from left to right: Paris, Tchoupitoulas, Sublime and Funky Liza

Victoria's Secret Lip Scrub

In the winter time my lips always need a good scrub, so; I decided to try this VS Pro Smooth FX lip scrub & balm duo. It's really neat the way it's packaged. The scrub and the balm come together in a tube and the balm can be removed from the tube. I tried it Sunday, you just rub the scrub on for 30 seconds, tissue off and follow up with the balm. It's very simple and it works.








Urban Decay 

I'm smiling as I type this, lol. I heart Urban Decay Naked palettes...nobody does neutrals like Urban Decay (in my opinion). As soon as I saw the promos for this on the blogs, I knew I wanted it and had to get it. Of course it was sold out and I didn't want to shell over $52 at the time. A month after it's release, Sephora sent me a $15 gift certificate off of a $50 purchase for being a beauty insider that had to be used in three days.

I went on the Sephora site and looked for the Naked palette and it was sold out, I called their stores and they said the Naked 3 palette was dropping that night at 9pm. I stayed out until 9pm, walked in Sephora and bought my palette. It ended up being $40 after taxes and the gift certificate. 

It's gorgeous, the rose gold packaging is so beautiful. All of the 12 shades are new to Urban Decay, you get the dual ended eye brush and it comes with a sample of all four of the primer potions. I didn't swatch the palette because I'm sure you've already seen the swatches for them. If not, here are the swatches from Xsparkage's blog. 




Samples of the primer potions in Original, Eden, Sin and Anti-Aging formulas

My Naked family is complete!

Have you hauled any purchases lately?

Comments

Agent Elle said…
Welcome back, Gabs!! I love this palette. At first I wasn't going to get it, but the more swatches I saw, the more I broke down. lol. We've been having parties and events at work and I've been reaching for this one for the last several weeks.

I used the MAC PRO overnight shipping code on Sunday and got a few things from there: Currant lip liner (thought I had it already), the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator. I have the mask, but ran out of the exfoliant. #12 falsies (wish me luck! lol) and two lustreglasses: Explicit and Morning Glory. I told you about my dilemma with the Illamasqua I wanted, but MG looks close enough even if it's not as intense.
G Jones said…
Thanks for the welcome!

You know how I feel about the Naked palettes, love them. Still haven't used Naked 3 yet...it's so gorgeous.

I love Currant lip liner, it's a kit staple that and Nightmoth lip liner.

Lol, best wishes on the lashes, I have a love hate relationship with lashes. I used to wear Explicit years ago, nice color. I'll check out the Morning Glory.

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig