Here are a few of my must-have essentials that I pack for all of my trips (except weekend getaways). I guess you could also file these under the "if you're ever stranded on a desert island, what would you have to have" category.
Clarisonic Mia 2
Nothing is as good as washing and exfoliating my face as my Clarisonic Mia 2. I love it! My face feels the difference every time I wash, it gives a deep but gentle clean, removes every trace of makeup and leaves my skin soft and radiant. My Mia 2 has been kicking for years and it's on it's last leg, so; I upgraded to the Mia 3.
I've been using baby wipes for years to remove my makeup. They are less inexpensive than makeup wipes and you get more for your money. I can easily get between 70-80 wipes for $3, in each pack. In addition to removing makeup, they are also good for just freshening up when you need to. I don't have a favorite brand, just any brand that's on sale that week.
Eye Shadow Palettes
Traveling with my eyeshadow palettes are a must! I still manage to do my eyes when I'm traveling and I have to take several palettes because (again) I need options! Below are four that I normally travel with:
1. Missy Lynn - This palette has six shadows and two gorgeous highlighters. I use it solely for the highlighters because they are a gorgeous cheek highlight. The two darker brown eyeshadows are what I use for contouring because they are dark enough and they have just the right amount of warmth for contouring.
2. Urban Decay Naked 1 - Traveling with a neutral palette is a must, and the Naked 1 palette is perfect for that, it's my fave out of all the naked palettes. I also like that the darker shades on the right of the palette can be used for creating a dope smokey eye when I want to switch it up.
3. Juvia's Place Nubian 2 - Such a gorgeous palette! The pigmentation is crazy and the shadows apply effortlessly. This palette is great to travel with because the array of colors gives me a break from neutral shades.
4. Viseart Mattes - The Viseart matte eyeshdaow palette is the creme de le creme of mattes to me! Whenever I do an eyeshshadow look, I always use this palette at least once. This palette is great for filling in my brows in a pinch and contouring. Not to mention, the size of it is perfect for traveling.
I always travel with lashes. I love to have them for that extra touch of glam! Also, since my eyes are hooded, my regular lashes with several coats of mascara just doesn't cut it for me. So, I need lashes to open up my eyes.
1. Kara Lashes - I always travel with at least one pair of Kara lashes. They are $1 from Shop Miss A. They come in a variety of lengths and sizes that compliment any look.
2. JoMichelle STACKED. Rae Lashes - When I want to have the full-on glam look that regular lashes don't deliver, I go for my stacked lashes. I love the Jo Michelle stacked lashes in Rae. They are so dramatic, voluminous, and so glamorous all in one. You will definitely stand out and turn heads wearing these lashes.
I sleep on a satin pillowcase every night and I travel with it always. I sleep on it because satin helps keep the moisture in my hair, and it keeps my moisturizer/night cream on my face while cotton absorbs and dries the moisture in my hair and face out. Also, I don't have sleep lines on my face when I sleep on a satin pillow case, and it's nice to travel with something that reminds you of your own bed.
Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
This is one of my holy grail products, I love this cream! It's a makeup remover, moisturizer and face primer in one. Whenever I apply foundation, I only need to use this to prep my skin because it acts as my moisturizer and primer.
A lot of primers that I've used completely matte my face too much, (even when they don't claim to mattify) and when I apply foundation it buckles and applies so dry, this is never an issue when I use this cream. Plus, it locks in moisture for 24 hours and my makeup stays on until I take it off. I buy it in the 1 oz size which is good to carry for traveling and TSA approved.
Of course, I can't travel without my lippes, who couldn't?! I would love to take as many as I want, but I narrow it down to at least one shade in the pinks, berries, reds, browns and orange categories. I always travel with one berry lip liner and one brown lip liner. The shades below are not what I travel with, I just pick shades at random.
|From left to right: Mac Lady Danger l/s, Magnolia Makeup Godiva, Mac Vino lip liner, Magnolia Makeup Sista Girl, Wink and Pout Velvet Rope and Mac Viva Glam Gaga lipstick|
Poopourri spray is an item that I keep with me all the time. It's a toilet spray with a blend of essential oils to eliminate unpleasant bathroom odors, particularly after you do a number 2. It really works! A coworker first introduced me to this years ago to deodorize our workroom bathroom (and no, I wasn't the person who funked it up).
I received this bottle in my Essence Beauty Box a few months ago. They come in a variety of scents and the 2 oz bottle (pictured below) is small enough to put in your purse, TSA size approved and can last up to 100 uses. You never know when you will have to go and no one will ever know what you did when you use this spray.
Do you have any must-have beauty/lifestyle travel essentials?