Skip to main content

The Bucket List Haul!

Hello Glamour Dolls,

As usual, I purchased most of the items because of sales that I couldn't pass up. This will be my last haul for a while because I have a true excess of everything and I have hit my makeup bucket list. I will share with you my bucket list items later on in the post. As usual, my hauls include mini reviews. If you would like a full review on an item, leave a comment. Read on for the deets.


Wink and Pout

I've blogged about Kym Lee before and her own personal makeup brand and how much I like the products. Kym Lee always has a good sale. I bought two lipsticks from her and three glosses. I bought Red Bottoms lipstick, which is a burgundy-red with red sparkles.


Top Row Left to Right: Empire Red and Red Bottoms
Bottom Row Left to Right: G-String, Lovestruck and In Love with my Ex


I also bought Empire Red (which is named after the show). Kym Lee is also Taraji P. Henson's makeup artist on the show, Empire! Incidentally, part of the proceeds of the Empire lipstick goes to Taraji's personal charity. I also bought three glosses. I bought G-String (clear with sparkles), Love Struck (light pink with sparkling pearls) and In Love with my Ex (peach). I actually don't have a lot of glosses, so I felt like my lip gloss purchases was justified.


Pic taken with flash...Top Row from left to right: Empire Red and Red Bottoms
Bottom Row from left to right: Lovestruck, G-String and In Love with my Ex

Pic taken in natural light


Mac 

I've run out of several skin care products and I wanted to try some items from the Mac Lightful C collection.  I bought the Lightful Essence which is a serum and the Lightful softening lotion. I thought the Lightful softening lotion was an actual moisturizing lotion for the face, it is not! It's actually a toner, looking back; I would not have purchased the softening lotion because witch hazel works just fine as my toner.

From left to right: Lightful C moisture cream, Lightful C Essence and Lightful C softening lotion


The Lightful C skincare system is supposed to hydrate and nourish the skin, protect against discoloration, free radical and UV damage. The Lightful system is not new to Mac, but; they've upgraded and added a shot of Vitamin C to the system to brighten the skin over time with continued use.




I wanted to try the Lightful set because I have reached the 30 and over club and I've already noticed my skin changing (for the better) so I wanted to try some products that would enhance the improvement and treat for pre-aging. Of course, I'll have to use the products for some time before I can give my thoughts.




I also bought the Brow Set in Girl Boy. It's a brow gel that brushes on like mascara to groom and lay down the brow hairs. I have always been obsessed with lightening brows but never have done it. Using the brow set in this color is a great way to lighten your brows without the permanent change. I've already tested it on my brows and I love how it looks, it comes out with a golden brown hue that's so pretty!


Viseart 

This is my makeup bucket list item! This is the item that I said I would never buy any more eyeshadow palettes once I bought this palette...it's the Viseart neutral matte eyeshadow palette!

Viseart is a French brand makeup company. Their makeup palettes have been used for television, film and professional artists. Their #1 selling palette is the matte eyeshadow palette. The Viseart matte shadows are known for their ease of blending, no fall-out and high pigmentation. Most matte shadows are high in pigment but can be difficult to blend and they become blotchy and fade while blending, causing you to reapply the shadow several times to get the intensity that you want.

The Viseart shadows are triple-milled for an incredible texture that's a balance between softness and adherence to the skin. When I say these shadows feel like butter, I mean that! When I say they're the easiest mattes to blend, I mean it. When I say they have NO fall out, I mean that too! I have wanted this for a year now, I saw a live review and demo using this palette at The Makeup Show last year and had to have it!



I've already used it and love it! I have never done an all matte shadow look before owning this palette because mattes are not always easy to work with and they require a lot of blending, which means extra time. I have done several all matte eye looks with this palette and it's so effortless to blend, you only need two brushes to complete an eye look.  There are twelve mattes in the palette and the color variety can be used for eye looks, filling in brows, highlighting and contouring. It's an amazing palette!

The price is $80, for twelve shadows; which is about $6.60 each, that is the going rate for individual shadows in some drug store brands and high end brands...a Mac shadow alone is $16, you get the point :-). I bought the palette from Camera Ready Cosmetics and if you have the right credentials, you can apply for their Pro discount program and get the palette for $64.


Nars

A friend turned me on to the Nars Matte Velvet lip pencils. It's a combination lip stick and lip pencil. It's the convenience of a pencil with the application of a lipstick in a jumbo crayon design. It goes on very smooth and even though it's matte. Just a caution, the pencils can feel drying, to combat that; I apply a lip balm before applying the pencil.



Pic taken in natural light from left to right: Train Bleu, Cruella and Rikugien

I already have the shade Walkyrie (warm coral). I bought the Train Bleu (deep aubergine) and I received Cruella (scarlet red) and Rikugien (pink) as part of the Sephora birthday gift. If you noticed, I bought a lot of red shades. I have been SO taken with red lip stick. Right now, I have seven. I know, I know...how many reds do I need?!


Do you have a makeup bucket list item?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig