Skip to main content

I am going to the Ultimate Beauty Seminar feat. Sam Fine and Renny Vasquez!!!



Hey, Dolls!

I'm so excited that I have the opportunity to attend the Ultimate Beauty Seminar with my all time favorite makeup artist, Sam Fine; along with Renny Vasquez! 

I have been loving and following Sam Fine's work since I was a teenager. I have his book, his DVD and I've wanted to meet him on several occasions at The Makeup Show but I've always missed him. Now, I finally get to meet and learn from him! I have been following Renny's work on Instagram for a while now and I really love his flawless beats, he can give you an all out beat or just a very natural glam look. 

Now for my story...

When these two announced they were bringing their final class to DC, initially; I knew I wanted to go BUT I saw the $300 investment and talked myself out of it...especially since I had just come off a makeup cruise where I had  just paid to take some classes. I convinced myself not to go, and then the DC class sold out in 2 hours after the tickets went out sale. I figured no big deal, the class is sold out; I can't go anyway, but it stayed on my mind constantly. Then, Renny announced on Instagram that since the DC class sold out so quickly they were going to see if they could get a bigger ballroom and release more tickets to sell! I kept thinking about my funds...paying the $99 deposit wasn't too bad of an issue, it's the rest of it that's due the day of the class. #thestruggleisreal

I said to myself "this is their last class", this is also the opportunity to be taught by two of the greatest in makeup artistry. Plus, the class is from 10am-5pm. I have paid almost the same price of this class for classes that were only 2 hours long for 1 artist; and this is an all day event to see 2 artists... it really is a steal and an investment at the same time. So, when the tickets were released for those on the wait list (like myself) I went on and paid my deposit and sacrificed some expenses in my budget so that I could afford to pay the remaining balance.  I'm glad I did it, I can't wait and I'll definitely will be writing about my experience! 

Makeup and beauty is one of my passions and my craft in life and to be taught by someone who is at the top in the industry, who I've admired for so long is just mind boggling!!! I can't even articulate it sufficiently, it's just an honor and a privilege and it will be an unforgettable experience!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig