I hope you all are doing good. I've been doing well, just MIA. What's been going on with me? Just dealing with life's twists and turns, and trying to stay sane :-).
I got the chance to go to The Makeup Show last month! I haven't been in 4 years; so, I was so excited to attend again! I couldn't wait to listen to the seminars, and buy some products that I had been holding off on getting.
|Pat McGrath station|
|Cover Girl station|
Since I rode the bus up, it didn't allow a lot of time to take a lot of seminars. I managed to take two. First, I took How to Achieve Gleaming Skin by Melanie Mills. The second workshop that I took was The Insta-Bride: What a Girl Wants by Megan Gramers. I'll share two new ideas that I learned.
1. I learned that a small amount of Gleam Body Radiance can be applied to foundation for glowing skin and a natural looking highlight. She also suggests using Gleam to upsell to brides and bridal parties who want an extra glow. I've also seen Gleam used for photoshoots on client's legs and arms, (which I plan to start doing) it looks amazing in photography, especially on women on color
2. I learned from The Insta-Bride is to have a professional Pinterest page for clients. Megan suggested that the professional Pinterest page should contain posts of various makeup looks- (in a variety of shades and ethnicities) so that your client can select a look that they want done for their wedding; and they'll have a better idea of what it will look like on them. She suggested that you pin at least (5) pics a day, and the pics should contain colors of every eye shade, lip shade, smokey eye, neutral eye, etc.
|Ms. Hollywood Gleam, Melanie Mills!|
One of the highlights of the Makeup show was the glitter lips modeled by everyone at the Glamorous Chick cosmetics booth! I saw several attendees with glitter lips in various shades and colors, my friend and I decided to stop by their booth to try it out!
When I tell you that the glitter and the liquid lips stayed put, it stayed put! After the Show, my friend and I went out to eat and for drinks. It lasted through all of our eating and drinking! I got home close to midnight that night, and the lips were still on, glitter and all!
|My friend's glitter lips|
After the Show, we hit up Sagaponack Bar & Grill. I had never been there before, but we were in for a treat! We just arrived when Happy Hour started. I got the lobster soup, shrimp dumplings, fried lobster ravioli, and the Sagarita drink. Everything was tasty and filling! If I visit that part of NYC again, I would definitely eat there again.
|Lobster Bisque soup|
|Shrimp Dumplings and Lobster Ravioli|
1. Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre' 1 oz: I bought this for myself and for my kit. It's a dual moisturizer and primer in one. It hydrates and locks in moisture for 24 hours! It's good for all skin types. This is a must-have for me, I usually order it from Nigel's Beauty Emporium, I decided to wait to get it at the show.
2. Zuca Utility Pouches (2): I have a Zuca back pack that I use for my professional makeup kit. The back pack comes with two pouches. I bought two more pouches because the Zuca pouches are more compact than the other pouches that I've been using; this way I can free up more space in my kit.
3. Bdellium Tools Brushes: Every show, I buy more Bdellium Tools brushes. They are high quality, don't shed, inexpensive, and durable. I bought the 785 tapered blending eye brushes. The tapered blending brushes are good for applying a light wash of color to the eyes, blending out eye eyeshadow, and I really love them to apply and blend out concealer directly under the eye and to contour my nose.
4. Melanie Mills Hollywood Gleam Body Radiance 3.4 fl oz: This purchase was unplanned, my friend wanted to stop by their booth, so we did. I have received several mini gleam tubes in goody bags from makeup classes that I attended, so, I was not looking to buy anything...until I met Melanie Mills at the booth! She chatted with us, suggested which gleam shades would look good on us, and demoed Gleam for us. I couldn't resist buying after that! I bought the full-size rose gold shade. It looked amazing on my skin! I can't wait to use it on my arms and legs when this Maryland rain finally ends.
5. Mario Badescu Facial spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater 8 fl oz: I bought a sample size of this from Ulta, it was too small to really tell if it worked. So, I bought the larger size at the show. I heard it's supposed to aid in clearing and treating acne. We'll see.
6. Kiss Lash Couture lashes: I didn't plan on buying any lashes, but, Kiss was giving away these cute tote bags with purchase, (which I needed to carry all of my stuff) so I bought two of their Corset lashes from the Triple Push-Up collection.
7. NYX Cosmetics Glitter Primer: I needed a glitter adhesive for all of the glitter pots that I have never used. After the glitter lips demo by Glamorous Chicks, I became glitter crazy! My plan is to step out of my comfort zone and create some glitter eye looks.
8. Alcone: I needed to replenish some disposables for my kit. I bought some sponges, mascara wands and lip wands.
9. Glamorous Chicks Cosmetics: After the glitter lips demo, I couldn't resist getting their glitter lips set. I bought the set that I'm wearing in the demo pics, the Tame matte liquid lipstick and the rose gold glitter.
Vendors at The Makeup Show often give out new and upcoming products to sample before they are released. Cover Girl cosmetics was at the show, and if you have been watching You Tube recently, you've probably noticed that Cover Girl has been sending out huge PR packages of some of their newest products for beauty influencers to test and review. I was able to receive a few of those products at the show. I received the:
-Easy Breezy Brow Micro-Fine Define pencil in Honey Brown
-Melting Poute Matte lipstick in Current Nude
-Katy Kat Gloss in cateloupe
To never miss a post, be sure to subscribe by email. Hit the subscribe button at the top right!