Skip to main content

Girl with Curves x Lane Bryant Clothing Haul & Try on!

Hello, Dolls

The limited edition Girl with Curves x Lane Bryant collection was released last month! Tanesha Awasthi, better known as Girl With Curves, is a fellow beauty, style and lifestyle blogger that I have been following for years. She announced a few months ago that she was releasing a limited edition collection with Lane Bryant, and I couldn't be more excited for her!!! I have always admired her style, which is fashionable, tasteful and effortless. She features outfits that accentuates her beautiful curves without sacrificing class and modesty. 

Her collection is described as "From cozy sweaters and capes elevated by luxe details, expertly pleated skirts, dresses and coats in deep navy and berry tones, floaty blouses and smart layering pieces, to the best fitting jeans you'll ever own, the collection is the perfect blend of classic style infused with a put-together-yet-practical aesthetic." From the pictures on her Instagram profile, I knew that there were several pieces that I definitely wanted, and had to get! Here are a few pieces that I bought and tried on in Lane Bryant. 

This was the one piece that I had to get, if nothing else! I love the simple, but chic design of this poncho. Not to mention the faux leather belt just makes it extra stylish; and it gives it that fit and flare look that I love.
 A good poncho like this one can be worn all year long. It can be worn with short sleeves in the spring and summer, and layered over long sleeve tops in the fall and winter. I plan to wear this with everything! I can see wearing a skirt or slacks under. It would also look great with faux leather leggings and heels for a night out. 


Girl with Curves Pleated Lace Dress
Lace is one of my favorite fabrics ever! I've been searching for a lace dress for years, the issue was they either showed too much skin, too short for my liking, or it didn't come in a plus size. As you can imagine, when I saw this dress in the collection, I wanted it!
Finally, a high quality lace dress that is beautifully made and tasteful. I will admit, that I'm not a fan of the high collar; but, the dress does have buttons that I can unsnap to loosen up the collar. Although, it's a little looser in my waist, it's a true to size fit. I plan to wear a belt with it to cinch it, and to give it a defined shape. In the second picture, I paired it with the faux leather belt from the poncho.

Girl with Curves Cape (sold out)
The cape was another must have piece for me! I love capes; they're a classy and stylish accent to any outfit, they keep your arms free, they provide just the right amount of warmth that a jacket and coat provides (without the bulkiness), and no one can tell if you've put on a few pounds wearing a cape.
I don't have a navy cape, and that was one of the reasons that I convinced myself to buy this one :-). One of the great things that I love about this cape is that - it can be dressed up or down. I can definitely wear this with a dress, or a skirt, and, then I can also wear it over a top and some skinny jeans.

Overall, I'm definitely loving the Girl with Curves collection! The pieces are stylish, well made, high quality, true to size, and can be worn versatile ways to get the most for your money. I purchased a few more items that I plan to post in an outfit of the day. I also bought the Girl with Curves Grapic Tee and the Girl with Curves Trench coat (sold out).

Be sure to subscribe, (top right) so you'll never miss a post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig