Skip to main content

eHoney Skin Care Products Mini Review!




A few months ago, I was introduced to a natural skin care line, eHoneySkin! eHoneySkin is owned and operated by Erika Clark; the product line was especially developed with women of color in mind. The products are natural, and created to treat skin care concerns while letting your beautiful melanin shine through!

I bought three of her products, the Goddess Glow Cleansing scrub,  Rose Water Mist, and the Balancing Facial moisturizer. I used all three products routinely for a month to give my most accurate and honest opinion. Read on for my thoughts!

Goddess Glow Cleansing Scrub

Description:
Natural and Gentle exfoliating cleansing scrub  to get rid of dead skin cells and leave your skin with a refreshing radiant glow. For Normal, Oily, Combination Skin.

Price $30

The cleansing scrub acts a cleanser and an exfoliant. You don't need much, just apply it to your face in round circular motions and rinse off. After every cleanser that I use, I immediately notice the dryness in my skin from the alcohol or the acne medicine. I experienced none of this when using this cleansing scrub! Since it's made with all natural ingredients, my face felt moisturized after cleansing.

An added bonus is that since one of its main ingredients is honey (which is known for being anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory), it helps to prevent future breakouts. I used the scrub every day for a month; and after continued use, I noticed that there was more clarity in my skin, my skin was much smoother and soft, and my post acne marks were clearing; a major benefit for me!


Rose Water Face, Hair and Body Mist

Description:

Rose water helps hydrate, refresh, and moisturize skin giving you a refreshed glow.
Rose Water has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce redness or irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis, and eczema.
Cleanses and aids in removing oil and dirt from clogged pores.
Heals scars and tones skin.
Use twice daily or as much as needed during the day. 2-3 Spritz all over clean skin before applying moisturizer or Spritz over makeup as a setting product.
Apply rose water at night with two drops of glow oil to remove impurities and makeup.
Rose water is a powerful mood enhancer and gets rid of anxiety, promoting relaxation and wellness.

Price $5

I used the face, hair, and body mist as a toner after cleansing. I sprayed some on a cotton ball, and applied it to my face. I also used it in the morning to remove dirt and oil from my face before moisturizing. The mist does exactly what it claims, cleanses and moisturizes! I used this product up the quickest, I hope that it will be offered in a larger size. 

Balancing Facial Moisturizer

Ingredients & Benefits:


Organic Aloe Vera-Medicinal, high in vitamins A,C,E,B1,B2,B3,B6, And B12. Some minerals found in Aloe Vera include calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, sodium, iron, potassium, copper, and manganese. Heals wounds and prevents itching soothing the skin. Helps reduce inflammation. 8 essential Amino Acids are found in aloe vera and amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. Acts a moisturizer and treats acne.
Palm Oil-Vitamin E strong antioxidant anti aging properties. Penetrate deep for healing and protection purposes. Antibacterial fight acne causing bacteria.
Vegetable Glycerin-restore moisture into the skin and pull oxygen into skin.
Cetyl Alcohol-plant derived moisturizer, emollient, and emulsifier(fatty alcohol, thick white waxy solid) hold the water and oil together. Multi-functional properties it softens and conditions the skin.
Jojoba seed oil-Protects and moisturizes without clogging pores. Controls oily skin and controls bacteria growth. Soothes irritated skin and is rich in vitamin A & E
Vitamin B-Improves Skin health and produces glowing skin
Green Tea- Acts as an Antioxidant protecting against free radical damage, reduces risk of skin cancer and is anti-aging all while soothing the skin.
Shea Butter- Anti-bacterial, anti inflammatory, reduces blemishes, scarring, and evens skin tone. 

Price $35

I absolutely love the balancing moisturizer! It's 4 oz size is very generous in size. A little goes a long way and,  you don't need much of it. I use a small amount in the morning and night, right after I apply my toner. It's very soothing on the skin, and never greasy

Overall, I like all of the products that I bought. I especially love the Goddess Glow cleansing scrub, and moisturizer. The scrub acts as a cleanser, exfoliant, and makeup remover for me. The moisturizer does it's job, and is never greasy. I've noticed that using the complete set has given my skin more clarity, it also has slowed down the amount of breakouts that I normally get, and it's already started fading my post acne marks. 

To learn more about eHoney, and to purchase products, click HERE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig