Skip to main content

How I'm Achieving my Summer Glow with Gleam! #ShoppingfrommyStash



Gleam Body Radiance; left: Rose Gold, right: Bronze Gold
Hello, Dolls

One of my beauty goals for the summer was to be bronzed and glowing. The summer weather had other plans for me, the first few months of summer was so hot and humid that I really didn't feel like wearing any products at all.

Now, the temperatures have cooled down, and I'm able to achieve my summer glow! I've had Gleam Body Radiance in my product stash for a while; barely used it. I decided to do something with it. Let me tell ya'll, I was missing out! It's a multi-use product that can be used many ways. Today, I will share two ways that I've been using it.

1. An All Over Body Highlighter-

This is probably the most popular way to use Gleam. I use it on my arms (mostly) to give my skin a subtle, beautiful glow! I've also used it on my legs to add some moisture  (Gleam also doubles as a moisturizer) and glow to them. It's great for adding radiance to anywhere you want to show some skin. One of the great things about Gleam is that it doesn't transfer, you can apply as much as you want without it transferring on to your clothes.


I have three colors of Gleam: Light Gold (discontinued), Bronze Gold, and Rose Gold. If you're my complexion, I suggest Rose Gold, it's beautiful on medium-deep skin. Out of all the shades that I have, the Rose Gold complements medium-deep skin the best.

Without Gleam

With Gleam

Without Gleam
With Gleam

2. Face Primer -

When I searched the Gleam website, I saw that it can be used as a skin primer before foundation. I typically use Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I decided to try Gleam as a primer; and I was amazed. It's a fabulous primer! Besides my makeup lasting all day, it's also a good primer because it provides a base highlighter to your skin. I usually do a cheek contour and highlight with foundation; when I use Gleam as a primer, it added an extra oomph/impact to my powder highlighter!

One of my friends complimented me and said, "your entire face is just glowing!" She said she could see my highlight from across the room! I had to tell her about my most recent beauty fave that had been overlooked in my makeup stash. It always amazes me all of the products that I rediscover when I shop from my stash!


What products have you discovered from shopping from your stash?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig