Skip to main content

Self Care is. . . taking mini getaways!


Sometimes you need to get away to recharge. Life, including it's up and downs, many curveballs, and not to mention still coping with a global pandemic can take a draining toll. If left unchecked, this can lead to burnout, mental + emotional fatigue and the onset of being stuck in a rut. What helps me to pour back into myself is self care. I engage in several forms of self care; but, one of my favorite ways to unwind is taking a mini getaway. I find that they’re refreshing and relaxing. ⁣
If you’re thinking about planning your own getaway, here are a few suggestions:
✨Try Booking.com for hotel reservations. Their rates are already low, but sometimes they’ll offer a mobile offer or getaway offer that is a steal! ⁣
✨ You don’t have to go far to get away, I promise you that they’re nice spots nearby. ⁣For my last getaway, I stayed 20 miles away from my home. If you chose this option, pick a location in your town that you've always wanted to explore. 
✨ Live in the moment. Mini getaways go by faster than regular trips. So, enjoy the now! Take the pics. Have dessert. Sip the drink. Treat yourself. ⁣
✨ Don’t forget the disinfecting spray & wipes! ⁣Almost all hotels and establishments are doing their best to be Covid-safe, but you can never be too sure. 

What if you can't get away?

I get it, sometimes you can't get away. Here are a few suggestions:

-Take your vacation days. If your job is like mine, I accrued so many hours during the quarantine period, last year. So, I have plenty of leave, and some use or lose leave. Use it as you see fit. I love to take off a day or two to organize things at home, or to catch up on my to be read pile. One of these days, I would like to book a spa appointment for myself. 

-Staycation. If you're unable to physically get away. A staycation, at home, is a good alternative. The goal is to be relaxed and recharged. So, do what makes you feel that way at home. If that means lounging around, binge watching tv episodes, catching up with the DVR, or starting a household project that you could never find the time to do, do it. Whatever it is, the goal is for you to feel relaxed and recharged afterwards. 

-Beach/Water. So far, I haven't met a person yet that doesn't feel calm and at peace when they're surrounded by water. A nice ride out to the beach, lake or ocean is always calming and relaxing. I like to walk on the boardwalk, or just sit on the bench and listen to the waves. Nothing like it!

 How do you self care?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig