Skip to main content

My Phrase for 2022!

 

Hello, Dolls! 

Can you believe it's 2022, and it's only two more weeks left in January? Time is moving along. I hope the year is starting off well for all of you.

Each year, I pick a word or phrase that I use as my own personal affirmation for the remainder of the year. Last year, it was unbothered. This year, I chose "rise above."

I chose rise above because life has it's share of uncertainties, drama, stress, negativity, anxiety and fear. A lot of times, my mind gets stuck in the spiral of dwelling on these events and emotions. I'm trying look past the negative, and to look for hope and positivity. I wanted a quick phrase to remind myself to shift my thinking from the negative cycle, and push forward...essentially, move on.

I can also be my own enemy, worst critic, and harshest judge. So, I feel that rise above is an appropriate statement for me to remind myself to get out of my own head and move forward. I'm slowly and surely working on improving my thought patterns.

I usually make a mental note to write down my word for the year next to my monthly goals. This year, I started bullet journaling! The first page of my journal is written in bold letters, "Rise Above!" Every time I use that journal, I'll see that reminder. 

Do you have a word for 2022? Please share. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mac, Inglot Haul + Swatches

Hey, Glamour Dolls! I'm back with another haul, I surprised myself by buying another haul so soon after the other one, but; I work hard... (shrugs) and I deserve it! Read on to see what I purchased and my thoughts. Click the pics to enlarge. Lippies I've been wanting Up the Amp lipstick for a while as well as Viva Glam Nicki and I'm pleased with the both of them. Up the Amp is a lavender violet color, it reminds me of a softer version of Violetta lipstick from Mac. I'm really not a fan of violet lipsticks (go figure) so, I pair it with a brown lip liner and it mutes the color down perfectly for me. Viva Nicki is gorgeous a beautiful yellow-pink color. I'm going to do a lip of the day, so you all can see how it looks. I've heard that Viva Nicki is going to be around for 1 full year, I'm definitely going to get a few more tubes. Blush I bought Sweet as Cocoa blush last month and I finally got Dollymix blush, it was on my Mac wishl...

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face. ...

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red in...