Skip to main content

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is.


Product Claims

"A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body."

Pros

-Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances).
-For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle.
-Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.
-Provides medium coverage that's buildable.
-It has the best dewy and satin finish I've ever seen in a liquid foundation.
-Looks great in photos, no white haze! Excellent for photo shoots and portraits.
-All of the shades are available on the Mac website. 

Cons

-Mac counters and the Mac stores sell the foundation but only select shades, ALL of the shades are available online. 
-It's only available in 13 shades.



My Thoughts

All in all, I love this foundation. I love the dewy and glowy look that it provides. It really lasts all day on my face whether I use a primer or not. I do wish that it was in a pump bottle because I tend to use more and spill more in the squeeze bottle. This is a great foundation to use in the spring and summer because of it's light texture. Another plus for me is- because you get so much foundation in the bottle, I can pour half of it into an empty bottle and use it for clients in my makeup kit... and still have half to use for my own personal  use.

How Does It Look?

Colors: C7 on the left and C6 on the right.
I'm wearing Mac C6 and C7 Face and Body foundation.


Stay tuned for my next foundation review... I will be reviewing Makeup Forever's HD Invisible foundation next. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Excellent review.
G Jones said…
Thanks girly :)
Keisha said…
Great review! Im going to now purchase MC Face and Body foundation.
G Jones said…
Thanks Keisha! I hope you review your thoughts about it on your blog. I thought I was a follower of your blog but I wasn't... I've just followed your blog :)
Agent Elle said…
Gabs,

How would you say it compares to the Tint? Same consistency or is this thinner?
G Jones said…
It's thinner. It's the thinnest foundation I've ever worn.
Agent Elle said…
That's what I thought. It looked pretty thin in the photo. I'm going to pick up the N7 and N9 this weekend.
G Jones said…
Let me know if you like it.
offthedomepiece said…
Hey Lady! So glad you did a post on this. Id love to try, but the con you mentioned about the price might keep me away for a moment.
G Jones said…
Yeah, the price can be expensive. If I find something like it that's less expensive, I'll let you know.
Unknown said…
Thank you for reviewing! I want this foundation but I don't want to order it online. It won't be at my counter until September... :( Grrrr...
G Jones said…
September is fastly approaching, it'll be worth the wait though, I think you'll like it. Thanks for following :)
Nomusa said…
I am an NW43, so would C7 be the best for me? coz the mac counter where i live doesnt have it. i would have to go to london or something, not impressed coz i live in small town (england united kingdom)
G Jones said…
Sorry for the delay in commenting, I'm a NC44 and C6 is really my color, I use C7 when I have a tan or for contouring. You may have to try the N5, N6...I'm just guessing based on their color ranges.

The best thing would be to visit their counter and they can match you up or you can try their "live chat" on Mac's website... you can talk to one of their reps and they can recommed the best shade.

Hope this helps, thanks for commenting!
Anonymous said…
Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything
is perfect!
would you like to follow each other?
will be happy to see you in my blog)
Skin and Beauty Care!https://savarnasmantra.com/blogs/blog

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig