Beautiful and flawless makeup starts with using the right makeup tools! The right tools makes makeup application easier and it also creates a seamless and flawless makeup finish. The right makeup tools also takes the fuss out of makeup removal. If you've just started to use makeup or if you're a pro, here are a list of essential makeup tools that will benefit you.
1. Brushes -Brushes make applying makeup easier and it gives you a precise and flawless application. Price ranges are from $1-$50 depending on the brand that you purchase. Avon, Target's Studio Tools and Sonia Kashuk brushes are price friendly and they are good quality for the those who would like to save money. If you're willing to pay a bit more for your brushes then Mac and Sigma Cosmetic brushes will be good for you.
2. Sponges- Sponges (wedge sponges) are great for application and blending foundation. They also get to the smaller, intricate places that brushes are not able to reach. They can be purchased anywhere from the Dollar store to Sephora. Price range $1-$10
3. Primer- It's good to have a face and a eye primer in your makeup collection. Face primer is applied after your moisturizer and it helps to absorb any excess oils from your face. It makes your face a smoother palette for foundation application and it also helps your foundation to last throughout the day. Some face primers include SPF for sun protection. Eye primer acts the same ways as face primer. It absorbs any excess oils on the eye lid (which happens to be very oily) and it also makes your eyeshadow stay put without creasing. Have you ever put eyeshadow on at the beginning of the day and a few hours later it disappeared or the eyeshadow was all caked up in your eye crease? Eye primer prevents that! Eye primers can vary in price depending on the brand. A good one to use is Urban Decay Primer Potion it's about $18 from Sephora.
4. Cotton Swabs-Cotton swabs are good for applying small amounts of makeup. They're also good for cleaning up mistakes like: mascara falling on your cheeks or some other unwanted area or being heavy handed with your eyeliner. Cotton swabs are good for smoking out your lash lines with eyeliner to create a softer, smoky look. Another benefit of cotton swabs is that you can use them to remove makeup from the hard to reach places like your lower lash line. Just dip the swab in water or makeup remover and apply it to your lash line and it removes makeup in a snap! Cotton swabs can be purchased at your local Dollar store or Grocery store.
5. Makeup Remover- Makeup remover is very important to have because it removes makeup from off your skin so that when you wash your face you won't have any remaining makeup left on your skin which can cause breakouts if you're makeup has not been removed entirely from off of your skin. You can use the old classic cold cream, makeup remover wipes, or you can purchase a makeup remover from any cosmetic store or counter. I personally use CVS brand baby wipes to remove makeup. It's $.99 cent for a pack of 12 or $2.39 for a pack of 48.It's gentle enough for sensitive skin and it removes all of my makeup off of my face plus it has a nice scent. You may also want to invest in a eye makeup reomver. Eye makeup remover removes eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. It's a gentler formula because it's used on the eye. Cover Girl, Maybelline and Avon have price friendly eye removers in a water or cream base. Mac, Sephora and The Body Shop also have eye makeup removers that are a bit pricier.
These are just five of the must have essential makeup tools that will improve the appearance of your makeup and also will make makeup removal a cinch!