Skip to main content

I love Violetta lipstick! (Lip of the Day)

I've been hearing that Mac's Violetta is a "must have" lipstick. I bought it and didn't like it at first but I tried it again and added a different lip liner and gloss to it and I love it!

Sometimes when I do makeup, I just want a flawless face and banging, colorful lips ONLY-nothing else. That's what I did in this look. The focus was the lips. I think a pretty colorful lip is going to be my signature trademark (every artist has one) I love doing a colorful lip on myself and clients-when the need calls for it.





What I used.

From left to right: Mac Nymphette lip glass, Mac Violetta lipstick and Mac Nightmoth lip liner.
What I Used:

Face

-Mac Studio Tech foundation in NC44
-Mac Vintage Grape ombre blush

Eyes

-Maybelline Falsies Volum mascara

Lips

-Mac Violetta lipstick (Bright violet)
-Mac Nightmoth lip liner (Blackened plum)
-Mac Nymphette lip glass (Sunny golden pink)

Violetta is a beautiful color, it is an amplified cream lipstick... so that means it delivers a high color pay off. It is also a Mac pro item but ANYONE can purchase Mac pro items through their pro phone number.

Comments

Jess said…
This looks amazing on..what a great combo!
G Jones said…
Thanks! It's become one of my favorite lip creations :)
socialitedreams said…
looking stunning! i like that with your complexion....i need that gloss!

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/
socialitedreams said…
oh, and AMAZING blush! soooo very pretty, first thing that i noticed. it looks incredible
G Jones said…
Thanks Vonnie! Be sure to get the Nymphette gloss, I think it looks good on everyone. I have had the blush for a whole year... I don't wear it as much as I should though.
Anonymous said…
Violetta looks gorgeous on you! :)
Sharon said…
u look absolutely beautiful hun,Violetta looks gr8 on u. Love Nymphette iit was my first ever l/g from Mac normally pair it with Up e Amp
G Jones said…
@ Tamara: Thanks girl!

@Sher: Thanks so much, a friend of mine turned me on to Nymphette... it's so pretty and Up the Amp is my next lipstick that I want from Mac.
Agent Elle said…
Ah the infamous Vintage grape that I missed out on! Love this look. These colors are fabulous with your coloring.
G Jones said…
@ Agent Elle: Hey girl, Thanks! I didn't know you missed out on Vintage Grape, I thought that was the Ripe peach blush you didn't get? Or did you get it?
Agent Elle said…
I missed out on both! =( I was able to get the third 'Springsheen' one. It's nice, but not as fab as those two.