Skip to main content

Adore Me Lingerie Review & Reveal!

Hi, Glamour Dolls

You may remember a while back I did a post on Adore Me lingerie, well; I was sent another set of beautiful lingerie of my choice for my consideration.

For those who may not know, Adore Me, is a subscription based lingerie company...in a nutshell, each month you get a personalized selection of lingerie for you to consider purchasing...just like Just Fab, Shoe Dazzle and etc. If this post interests you, keep reading!



Pricing

The pricing varies on whether you decide to become a member or not. If you choose to become a VIP member, you get a personalized lingerie selection sent to you every month and you decide whether or not you will purchase that month.

If you decide to purchase that month, the price is $39.95. If you don't decide to purchase, you can always skip that month. There is never any obligation to purchase. Becoming a VIP member, opens you up to several perks...you get 20% off your first item, exclusive sales and free shipping and returns to name a few.

If you don't want to commit and decide not to become a member, then you can pay as you go at the price of $49.95 for each item.


Online Presence

Since my original review in 2011, Adore Me, has upgraded their website. I've always found their website efficient and easy to navigate. One of their newest features that I love, is their live chat!

Live chat is always a great feature on any website because it saves time from wondering around a website for answers or having to wait on the phone to speak with a customer service rep. It just so happened, that the size that I wanted wasn't available, so; I used their live chat feature and the rep recommended another size for me, which fit well.





Lingerie Choices

Adore Me offers all types of lingerie from chemises, baby dolls, corsets, bras and underwear sets to hosiery; you can find just about any color from basic black to any color of the rainbow. Also, if you love a variety of fabrics like mesh, lace and animal print ..they have that too! What I really like is that they feature lingerie for curvy women, if you're shapely; sometimes it can be hard to find lingerie that fits your body comfortably. Just to give you an idea of their sizes, the largest bra size that they currently offer is a 40H and underwear is a 2XL.



Checkout Process/Shipping

My first order with Adore Me was easy breezy and I'd expected that same service this time. The checkout process was very simple as before but the shipping part is where I ran into a problem. Initially, I ordered on 4/2/13,  I received the email that my order was received and it would be shipped out as soon as possible. On their site, Adore Me, states that most orders usually arrive in 3-8 business days...once a week had passed, I logged back in to their site to check my order status and it said "processing."

About another week later, I received an email from Adore Me stating that shipping was going to take a little longer than expected and that my order would arrive in 2 weeks. Adore Me offered to compensate with a $10 store credit on my next order and so many points I could get to use towards their rewards program for a free set of lingerie, I'm not hard to please; so this was fine with me.


Their packages still come beautifully wrapped in pink wrapping paper with a cute thank you card!

After the two weeks had passed and still no order; I called Adore Me on 4/24. The customer service rep explained to me that the set I originally ordered was no longer available and that she would send me the new code to select another set. I received the new code to order that same day, placed my new order the same day (4/24). I received confirmation that my set had shipped on 4/24 and I received it on 4/27!

I understand that sometimes businesses have issues that happen beyond their control, to me; as long as they have a quality product, reasonably good service, acknowledge the issue and offer to compensate their customers, I don't hold that against the company.


My Thoughts

I really like the lingerie set I received. Both items fit well and are true to size. I've been having problems buying bras that support well and hold me up, so; I chose a full coverage bra this time and it holds everything in place. The undies fit well, the lace fabric doesn't irritate my skin and the fabric moves comfortably without riding up.

Overall, the variety of lingerie is exceptional, the quality of the lingerie is good, the service is efficient and buying lingerie online is so much more convenient to me than shopping for it in stores. I'm still very pleased with Adore Me, just as I was when I placed my first order.


Disclosure: The lingerie set was sent to me for free and for my consideration. My thoughts will always be honest. I was not paid to write this post. For more information about this disclosure, please view my "Disclosure Policy" page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig