Skip to main content

Mini Haul from Rite Aid


One of my weekly habits is that I browse the sales papers from convenience/drugstores like CVS and Rite Aid. Both stores always have makeup and beauty sales.  A week ago Rite Aid happened to have buy 1 Cover Girl mascara and get the second one free! While looking for mascara-I also browsed the entire cosmetic section (like I always do) and I picked up a few more items. I've used all of the products since I've bought them and here are my thoughts.

Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara Waterproof

What Cover Girl Says
"Get a blast of lush, volumized lashes! LashBlast's patented volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max-out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big lash look. Now in waterproof, too!"

What I say
This mascara was $8.99. It's a pretty good mascara... I got it in waterproof (black and brown black) because I plan on using it in my makeup kit for the crying brides. It has the biggest mascara brush I've ever seen and the way it's designed it does make it easy to reach every eye lash. It extends the lashes out making them appear longer. I applied 2 coats and that was enough for me. The waterproof is NO joke! It took several cotton balls and eye makeup remover to get it off! I give this mascara an A.

Wet N Wild Eye Make-up Remover


What Wet n Wild says
"Whisk away the most stubborn mascaras, shadows, liners and shimmers. This oil-free moisturizing formula is enriched with Aloe Vera to hydrate and soothe the delicate skin around the eye area."

What I say
The price is $1.99 for 3 oz. you can't beat that, that's what made me look at it plus I do like Wet n Wild's makeup. It does exactly what it says, it removes eye make up easily. I've used it to remove eyeshadow and eyeliner with no problems. It has a nice, fresh scent that's not overpowering. Since it was $1.99 I bought 2 of them. I give this an A+!

Wet n Wild Bronzer Princess


I've heard great things from Wet n Wild's bronzers, so I bought this one. I know that all bronzers are not created equal meaning that some bronzers are made with glitter and others are made to give you a glow. This one was made to give a glow but I didn't see it, at least not on me. It really seemed to be like a darker pressed powder. The price was great $2.49 but I won't be using it as a bronzer since I didn't see any bronze. I'll just use it as contouring powder on my face. I give this a C.

That's my mini haul from Rite Aid. Take a look at their beauty and cosmetic aisle when you can. Rite Aid is great because you can return your cosmetics for any reason to get a return or exchange even if the product has been opened and used. You can do this if you purchased the wrong color or if you just didn't like the product. They are the only store that I know that will allow you to do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig