Skip to main content

Essence Insiders


I'm a lover of Essence magazine and I'm one of their loyal subscribers. They introduced a new program this year called the Essence Insiders program which I joined a few months ago. The insiders program allows its members to be the first to know about new products, review Essence's ad campaign and try new products and submit your feedback on the products. Here is what Essence says about the program:

"The ESSENCE Insiders Panel is a group of women brought together by ESSENCE – the premier brand and magazine for today’s African-American woman. Members of the ESSENCE Insiders panel, the largest online voice of African-American women in the country, play a vital role—from testing new consumer products to evaluating the effectiveness of a brand strategy, tagline or message.

ESSENCE Insiders members are among the first to hear about new products, to review ad campaigns before they appear to the public, and to get the latest buzz on what's happening in ESSENCE—the premier magazine for today’s African-American woman."

The program has proven true to be exactly what it claims.  Anyone can join the program (it's free), you don't have to be a subscriber of their magazine to join. They do contact you by email so you will need to provide an email address. They send about maybe 1 or 2 emails a month, no SPAM.

Usually in the email there is a survey to take and it takes no more than 5 minutes. The surveys are about particular ads that they have featured in their magazine and they want to know your thoughts on the ad: Was the ad effective enough? Did the ad want to make you want to know more about the product and/or purchase it? Was the ad professional in it's approach? and so forth and so on. ~Side note, your thoughts on the survey are multiple choice you don't have to physically type in your answers or type an essay answer or paragraph :)~

Last week I got an email from them asking if I wanted to participate in a product test of a shampoo and conditioner. Of course I said ''YES" and this week I got the package in the mail.





Optimum Care Shampoo and Conditioner Sample


I was provided with 2 sets of samples to use twice in a month's period time and after I use the products, at least twice, I can then submit my thoughts on the products to the program. The products that I'm testing are supposed to be a new and improved formula that Optimum Care is relaunching soon. So, after I use the products I will submit another post on my blog about my honest thoughts on the program. If you're like me-someone who likes to be in the know and loves to try new products then you should sign up for the Essence Insiders program and make your voice heard!

For more information and to sign up visit https://www.essenceinsiders.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig