I borrowed this great idea from my blogger friend, Jess, from Weighing Down on Beauty. Thanks again Jess for letting me use this idea! I, along with her and probably many others believe that there are makeup rules out there, we respect them but we don't always agree with them or follow them.
There are some rules that I do follow religiously as far as specific makeup application and improving makeup endurance but there are others that I bend and flex a little. This is just my personal list, don't feel like you have to follow any of my do's and dont's. Keep doing what works for you :)
- I DON'T wear a full face of makeup every day (maybe gloss, mascara and eyeshadow).
- I DON'T line my waterline.
- I DON'T always set my foundation with powder.
- I DON'T use a face primer regularly.
- I DON'T always conceal my dark circles or blemishes, sometimes I like to let my imperfections show plus I don't want my face looking to perfect.
- I DON'T apply mascara to my lower lash line.
- I DON'T highlight and contour my face every day.
- I DON'T throw out makeup when expected, For ex: mascara is supposed to be replaced every three months, I keep mine longer than that-usually until I get bored with it. I do apply this rule with my professional makeup kit.
- I DON'T always apply blush to the apples of my cheeks.
- I DON'T always fill in my brows, I don't always have the time for this plus they're naturally thick.
- I DON'T always wear eyeliner.
- I DON'T feel comfortable with people seeing me without makeup except for family and close friends.
- I DO wash my makeup off every night.
- I DO wear lip liner with lipstick and gloss all the time.
- I DO layer lipsticks with gloss.
- I DO follow all eyeshadow application rules: blending, applying lightest to darkest shade first and etc.
- I DO apply foundation to areas that only need it at times.
- I DO wear eye primer for every eye look, even if I'm just wearing eye liner.
- I DO moisturize my skin daily.
- I DO apply foundation first and then concealer.
- I DO conceal my huge birthmark on the left side of my face. Hopefully, you all can't see it in any of my LOTD's.
What are some of your do's and dont's? I would love to read them!