Skip to main content

Ultimate Beauty Seminar with Sam Fine & Renny Vasquez Experience! (Pic Heavy)


Hello Dolls,

I'm finally back...didn't mean to take this long writing this follow up post, but; life (as always) gets in the way. Here I am, back in the new year, and I'm hoping 2016 is starting off wonderful for all that are reading this!

Back to the post, the Ultimate Beauty Seminar was well ABOVE & BEYOND my expectations! I loved every minute of it. I learned so much and I saw so much, it will be hard to detail everything (as much as I like to do), but I will give an overview. If you want to go straight to some of the tips that I learned, scroll down to the bottom :-).

The ballroom
Me & my beautiful makeup woes at the seminar!


The first part of the seminar started of with Renny Vasquez. Renny is very informative, funny and insightful. Not only was I taking down notes from his makeup tips, but, I was also writing down the different quotes that he shared with us. He started the class off with doing a full face demonstration with a bold lip. Renny shared with us that he is all about the "client's experience". He's all about using products that make his client's feel good throughout the entire makeup application process. 
Renny doing her brows
Renny touching up her lips
The final look!

This is the second model that Renny used, the ever so gorgeous, Fifi (who is also a very talented MUA). He showed us how to do two different techniques for contouring and highlighting. The first was the traditional way, which is after foundation and concealer have been applied. The second way is to highlight and contour before, then follow up with foundation and concealer. The second way to do it came out very subtle and with an "inner glow" to the skin.






Next, Renny did the eyes and he did a natural cut crease. He used a very small fan brush to create the cut crease line, the little fan brush made it so easy to do, in under a minutes time. The brush he used was an Esum T11 mascara fan brush. 




After Renny completed the cut crease on her right eye

After Renny finished, it was lunch time; and then next up was Sam Fine! Sam is so funny, very knowledgeable and real...what you see with him is what you get. Sam showed us how he does his "oh so famous" smokey eye on Fifi; which he did the left side of her face. He gave her a gorgeous red lip color and afterwards he sprayed her with this beautiful glitter spray for that extra touch of glam.



Sam beginning her smokey eye
Sam applying shadow on her lower lash line to complete the smokey eye

She's so gorgeous!

Fifi after Sam finished her left side
Sam and Renny answering questions in the Q&A

After Sam finished, there was a questions and answers session for all of our questions. There had to be at least 200 attendees, so there were lots of questions on just about everything. After questions, we were all able to take pictures with both Renny and Sam...who waited patiently for all of us to take as many pics as we wanted!
Me & Renny
Renny, me and Sam!!!
Us again!

We also got our amazing goody bags after class! There were a few things that everyone received, but each bag had different contents. My bag had a Beauty Blender with the cleanser, Cover Girl Queen face powder, a Black Opal full sized cream stick foundation, a Motives blush and lip gloss, a Cover Girl lipstick, the entire Black Opal Pore Perfecting foundation collection (in the deluxe sample size), Damone Roberts AM and PM facial wipes, a Black Opal skin moisturizer sample; and a Gleam body radiance cream! I've been to numerous makeup classes that have goody bags and this was by far- the best goody bag I've ever received. 
The goody bag
Inside my goody bag!
Candid pic of me with Derrick Rutledge
There was a special guest that came later, Celebrity Makeup Artist and Entrepreneur, Derrick Rutledge! Derrick has done work that we've probably have seen everywhere from on TV screens to magazine covers. He is the personal makeup artist to Oprah Winfrey; and he has also worked with First Lady, Michelle Obama! Derrick was a true pleasure to meet!

Trying to get it together....



Some tips that I learned...

The class was full of awesome tips; but these are five tips that really stood out to me:

1. The mastery of using cream products: Both Renny and Sam are masters at using cream products. They used it to conceal, correct, apply foundation; and highlight and contour. I only use it for foundation, correcting and concealer. I really want to push myself to use it more for highlighting and contouring, one reason is because it will challenge me to work on blending the cream out adequately. Using cream products on the face will always improve your blending skills.

2. Highlighting and Contouring: As mentioned earlier, in the seminar, we learned two ways to highlight and contour. The first way which is to highlight and contour after foundation, which gives you a little more of an obvious highlighted and contour look; but, the second way which is to do it before foundation gives you a nice "inner glow from within" look that I really like; and I'm going to try it! Also, I learned that the products have to overlap to blend well...as Sam said " if everything that you apply doesn't overlap, it's not going to blend."

3.  False Eyelash application: Renny shared a trick that he uses to make false eyelash application easier. He applies glue to the lash line first (with tweezers), then he also applies glue to the lash band. After the glue becomes tacky, he applies the false lashes to the lash line...because the glue has already been applied to the lash line, the false eyelash sticks to it and holds in place better without having to manipulate it to center it and stick in place. He also suggested that if you want to "up" the glam of applying false lashes, you can add individual lashes to the strip lashes to give a more fabulous look.

4. Applying products under the eye upwards: Renny demonstrated that when you pat up makeup under the eye, instead of downwards, it gives you a more youthful look. This means that when applying concealer or foundation under the eye, you can pat the product up to the lash line; instead of patting the product down.

5. Doing brows last: Renny shared with us that he does brows last on clients. The reason being is that he says "where you start off first is the focus on your face." If you do brows first, there may be a tendency to go in really strong with the brows because you spent the beginning of your time and detail on them, but; if you start off with the face first, then your focus and detail will show on the face ,and you may not need as much brow makeup. That tip made me go "hmm..."I had never thought of that before. I have already started using this tip and my brows are much more natural and lighter in appearance.

Overall, the seminar was truly an amazing experience that I will never forget! It was a great day of inspiration, learning, laughter, networking, and new beginnings...my whole entire makeup life was made after that seminar! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig