It has been a while since I shared anything about me. It's been 8 years and counting, 225 posts later since I started blogging and a lot has changed! My writing style (thank goodness) has changed, my blog, my personal growth, goals, and even my look has changed! So, allow me to reintroduce myself! Warning: I struggled to write this because I didn't want to sound boring, but here goes!
- My name is Gabrie'l. I'm a library professional by day, and a lover of the Arts by night! Art and literature have been my first love since I was a child. A box of crayons, a water color paint set, or a book were always included in my fave toys, next to my kitchen set :-).
- As an adult, my love of Art has carried over into makeup. I started dabbling in makeup in 2008 to improve my own makeup skills, and I fell in love. In 2010, I took formal education to become a makeup artist. Shortly after that, I also created my blog to share my love of makeup, product reviews, makeup hauls, and makeup looks.
- Fast forward to 2018, I'm still very much in love with makeup, but, I love fashion just as much as I love makeup, dare I say it, sometimes even more than makeup! In my spare time, I enjoy reading a good book, adult coloring, and styling outfits. I love to travel, particularly cruising. I love the Caribbean, but there are still places in the US that I would love to visit as well.
- The older I get, I'm becoming more and more aware of working on my mental health and making sure that I stop and smell the roses. Reason being is because I enjoy working, and I enjoy completing tasks. I always have to have something to do, a goal to accomplish, or a check list to fulfill. I'm learning as I get older that life is meant to be enjoyed and lived; all the time, not just in between working!
- There have been plenty things that I wanted to share on my blog, but, since my blog is beauty and style focused I haven't shared it. So, this month, Touching Faces with Beauty and Glamour is officially retired, the url will still work. Today, I'm introducing: The Gabulous Lyfe!
- The Gabulous Lyfe is my crossover into lifestyle blogging. I still will share beauty and style, but, I also want to include traveling experiences, book reviews, self care awareness, food, and more. I hope that all who read this blog will stick around for the new transition.
Many thanks to all of you readers and supporters for your support. I really appreciate it! It means a lot to be able to express my thoughts on this platform and to have people who are interested in reading what I have to say is amazing! Special thanks to my friend, Lynette, for coming up with the new name!!!