Skip to main content

Started from a Signed Petition, Now We Here! MAC x Aaliyah Collection Haul!!!


Hello, Dolls!

As you probably already know by now that Mac released an Aaliyah collection in the summer. I, for one, was elated! I have been an Aaliyah fan since I was young. I've always loved her music!

I was enamored with her style- which was edgy and fly. Her style was the personification of tomboy chic, but she was always a lady. Her untimely death was shocking and hurtful to say the least. Nevertheless, I'm still an Aaliyah fan, and her music is always on rotation in my car and Ipod. 


When I first heard rumors of there being a petition for Mac to create a  makeup collection for her, I was skeptical; but, after doing research, I found out that it was legit. I signed that petition back in 2016, (which reached over 26,000 signatures) and finally I heard news of the upcoming collection!

Seeing that I'm a big Mac and Aaliyah fan, purchasing from this collection was a must! I knew before seeing it that I wanted to get everything; but, my bank account wouldn't allow. Here's what I did get! 


I got three lipsticks: More Than a Woman, Try Again, and Hot Like... I also got three lip glasses: 1 in a Million, Brooklyn Born, and At Your Best You Are. Also, I got the Age Aint Nothing eyeshadow palette and the Bronzing powder. I ordered over $75 in product, so, Mac added the complimentary  Aaliyah bandanna. 


Swatches from left to right: Hot Like..., More Than a Woman, and Try Again

All three lipsticks are long wearing and pigmented. Hot Like..., and More than a Woman have the amplified finish. They both go on very smooth and are very moisturizing. The Try Again has a matte finish, and delivers the same pigmentation. Try Again is my fave out of the three, it's the perfect nude for me. A lot of nudes you have to wear with a lip liner, but, Try Again looks good on it's own. I could have skipped on buying Hot Like... It's tomato-red in color, and I already have so many tomato-red lippies.

Swatches from left to right: Brooklyn Born,  At Your Best You Are, and 1 in a Million

The lip glasses deliver ultra high shine, and they don't skip on pigmentation.  They apply opaque but glide on like a gloss. I haven't worn Mac lip glasses in years, and I was pleasantly surprised that these glosses are not sticky and tacky like the original lip glasses. My favorite out of this collection is 1 in a Million; I don't own any color like it. It would be an amazing vampy fall lip color. Brooklyn Born is a great color to add sparkle to any lippie. I applied it over Try Again, loved it!

Aaliyah Bronzing powder 


This was my one disappointment out of the collection. It is a bronzing powder, just not for my complexion. It would be a great bronzing powder for someone who is in the lighter skin range. It is buildable; you can pack on the layers, but, it's still not enough to be considered a "bronzing" powder (that adds warmth) for me. If  you're like me, in the medium to tan skin range, it would show up as a smidge darker than your skin. At the most, I can use it as a soft contour shade.

Age Aint Nothing eye shadow palette


The eyeshadow palette is a win for me! I like the shade of colors, the pigment is good; a few of the shimmer colors will require a few layers to get a good color payoff. The only thing is, for the price, the palette is small. It's small enough to keep in your cosmetic bag; which is a plus, I was just expecting it to be a little larger in size.

Overall, the lipsticks are and lip glasses are a win for me! They are pigmented, long wearing, and there are a few unique shades that Mac hasn't created before. The bronzing powder is a no for me, due to it being so light on my skin. The eyeshadow palette is a hit for me; I just wish the price was lower before purchasing. On that note, the remaining products of the Aaliyah collection have been marked down on the Mac website! Now is a great time to get what you want before they're gone for good!
Did you get anything from the Mac x Aaliyah collection? If so, what do you think? To never miss a post, subscribe at the top! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig