Skip to main content

November Makeup Haul-Eyes

I did a pretty decently sized makeup haul in November. I usually don't buy this much makeup in a month but... again I wanted to purchase makeup from a few brands that I've been meaning to try for years, yes...years! Also, I will be budgeting my money more for the month of December and the next few months, so makeup purchases will have to take a break for a while...at least until the Spring, we'll see :) Anyway, this will be a 2 part post because I didn't want to cram everything I bought into 1 post. This post will be eye makeup purchases and the second post will be lips, cheeks and brushes.


BSLAP COSMETICS CUSTOM PALETTE

I've been meaning to try Bslap cosmetics for years now, every since I saw the eyeshadow paint wheels on you tube. The palette was $20 and you get to your 5 desired colors.
I got yellow, orange, bright pink,  purple and bright blue.


The colors are pigmented. The orange and bright blue are amazingly pigmented. I think the bright blue is my favorite out of all the colors (it's sold out on the website now).The yellow and pink weren't quite the intensity that I wanted but I'll work with them. The only thing I don't like is that the shadows stain, so I just have to make sure I rub well, when taking the shadows off. I think 5 shadows for $20 is a good deal. I definitely will be making more purchases from Bslap cosmetics in the future. I just checked their website today and the price of their custom palettes are $25 now but it's still a great deal.


MAKE UP FOR EVER PALETTE & SHADOWS

Mufe (Make up For Ever) is another brand that I've been meaning to try for over a year now. I have their HD Invisible foundation but I've heard great reviews about their shadows. A friend of mine who is also a makeup artist showed me the shadows that she had from Mufe, I loved the vibrancy of the colors so I knew I had to get a few and I did.

I applied for their backstage card, which is a discount card for makeup artists. I received it and now I can purchase their products with a 40% discount. I got the empty eyeshadow palette and 5 shadows to add to the other Mufe shadow that I had.




From left to right: # 57, #47, #159, #92, #122, #17

Mufe's shadows go by numbers so I'll post the shade descriptions from Sephora's website.

#57- Chartreuse Satiny, #47- Olive Green matte, # 159- Matte Blue, #92-Brilliant Purple matte, #122- Metallic Copper Bronze shimmer and # 17- Expresso

I'm in LOVE with these shadows! When I first got them, I thought whatever- but when I swatched them, it really made the difference. I could see the difference in texture compared to my other shadows (they weren't chalky) that I use in my 88 palettes. My favorite colors are #122 (Copper Bronze) and #17 ( Expresso-perfect crease color). I also love the size of the shadows, they are bigger than the size of a quarter. They are about the size of a .50 cent coin...maybe a little smaller.

I'm loving all of my eye purchases and can't wait to play with the colors and create some new looks. I also bought an eyeshadow paint wheel last month but it hasn't arrived yet. I'll post pics and swatches when it comes.

Stay tuned for part II of my November makeup haul: lips, cheeks and brushes!


Comments

Unknown said…
you got some nice stuff. I love the backstage card discount. I don't use it as much as I should though.
G Jones said…
Thanks! I just started using the card too. I figured I better start using it because they are making the renewal process a bit harder now... so I figured I better stock up. I know I'll be getting more of their shadows.

Popular posts from this blog

How I Refurbished my Louis Vuitton Speedy...

I bought an authentic preloved Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy bag a few months back. While I was so excited to finally get the bag and wear it, I realized (at that time of buying and when I received it) that the bag had some wear on it that could use some fixing up. After searching online, I found a blogger,  Lollipuff , who posted an article on how to refurbish LV bags. Based on the recommendations in the post, I used the following products: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Blue Magic Metal Polish cream (tube) and Cadillac Boot and Shine leather conditioner. I also used laundry detergent and baby wipes. All of the products used can be used on any bag to spruce it up. Read on for the deets, to see how you can spruce up your handbag! Before At first glance, the bag had some sheen on the exterior. Most of the brass fixtures had green tarnishing (which happens with aging of brass). The leather handles were dull. The bag had lost some of its shape. The inside was the kicker! The red interi

Mac Face and Body Foundation Review

One of my most used foundations is the Mac Face and Body liquid foundation. I've been promising a  review on it, so here it is. Product Claims "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." Pros -Price is $32.50 retail and about $19 if you're a Mac pro card member (That could be a con based on your finances). -For the price you pay it gives you a lot of foundation. It's in a 4 fl oz bottle. -Because it's water based it doesn't feel heavy, it feels very light on the face.

Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner Review

After promising myself to take better care of my hair, I read in a hair care magazine that if you have breakage or dry hair (like my hair) to consider purchasing a leave-in conditioner, since you don't have to rinse it out-the conditioner keeps on working and conditioning your hair. This was perfect for me because I'm really lazy when it comes to styling and taking care of my own hair... usually I look for products that are easy and quick to use. I do use Creme of Nature's Detangling shampoo, so I figured I would buy their leave-in conditioner. FYI- Creme of Nature is a brand that specializes in hair care products for women of color, who have natural or relaxed hair. They mostly use natural ingredients in their products, which they call "Certified Organic." Product Claims "Pamper your hair with this creme-based formula to soften, detangle, and provide the ultimate conditioning.  Perfect for color treated hair, organic  Lemongrass works to tone and hig